Nurse Aide I
For the Curriculum Nurse Aide Certificate course offered ONLY during the Spring and Fall semesters, please click here:
NUX 7501 Nurse Aide I
This Nurse Aide I course is designed for individuals who are entering the healthcare field for the first time or those renewing previously expired certifications. NUX 7501 prepares individuals to provide personal care and perform basic nursing skills for adults. Emphasis is placed on the aging process (including mental, social, and physical needs of the elderly), patient's rights, nutrition management, elimination procedures, safe environment, restorative services, personal and special care procedures and activities, human body structure/function and related common diseases/disorders, communication
And documentation, death and dying, and roles of the nursing assistant and health team members. This course includes didactic (classroom), online (computer), skills verification lab, and clinical learning experiences. Upon successful completion of NUX 7501, a skill/competency evaluation is required. Registration for the NC Competency Evaluation will take place AFTER successful completion of the nurse aide course.
The CPCC registration fee is approximately $250 due at the time of registration.
Other individual expenses include immunizations, medical physical, urine drug test, criminal background check, books, supplies, uniforms and state testing fee.
Student costs average $600 - $700 for the program.
FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Students must be 18 years of age on or before the first day of the course. Students will submit proof of current immunizations, proof of a negative TB test done no sooner than 30 days prior to the first day of class and a medical physical within the 6 months prior to the first day of class. Additionally students will be required to have a criminal background check done by the college approved vendor and complete a urine drug screening no sooner than 30 days prior to the first day of class. Students will bring all the required documents to the first day of class. The forms will be e-mailed to the student CPCC e-mail address of the individuals who receive department permission to register.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY AS THEY APPEAR IN THE WELCOME EMAIL.
- Students must have department permission to register for this class
- For students must be at least 18 years of age on the first day of class
- Permission will be granted based on required minimum placement test scores: Math - DMA scores of 7, Sentence Skills score of 86 or higher, and Reading score of 80 or higher OR Proof of completion of college credit [100+ level] MATH and ENG courses with a final grade of C or higher.
- E-Mail the Nursing Assistant Program Assistant: Marcus L. Caldwell (firstname.lastname@example.org) when the Placement Test scores and/or the required MATH and ENG courses are posted to the CPCC student record. Make sure you include your CPCC student ID number in the e-mail.
- Department Permission to register is not a registration or seat assignment. Students must complete the registration process after receiving department permission to register.
- Call CCE Customer Service at 704.330.4223 for further registration information.
- Here is a link to the Online Schedule Builder: http://schedule.cpcc.edu/myschedule/
Withdrawal and Refund Policy:
Occupational Extension Classes (indicated by OE after the course description under the “Refund” column) are eligible for a refund based on the following policy:
- 100% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of the class. Call Customer Service at 704.330.4223 to withdraw.
- 75% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws on or after the first day through the 10% point of the class.
Tuition will be refunded 100% for any class canceled by the College.