Medical Office Administrative Procedures (MOAP)
The Medical Office Administrative Procedures (MOAP) Program may be completed in two semesters. This program is recognized by local employers.
The Medical Office Administrative Procedures program is designed for students who want to work in a physician's office doing front-desk receptionist skills, appointment scheduling and medical records management. Students will receive a Certificate of Completion upon satisfactorily completing all program requirements.
Program Pre-requisites: (can be taken concurrently)
- HEA 7254 (Exploring Medical Language)
- HEA 7625 (Medical Keyboarding) or Demonstrate the ability to type 35 wpm or more by following these instructions:
Please be advised that you must have a CPCC student ID number in order to take this test and to have the results counted. If you do not have one or have forgotten it, please call Corporate and Continuing Education Customer Service at (704) 330-4223 to obtain an ID number. Once that is done, please read and follow these directions carefully:
1) Please visit http://cpcc-healthcare.assesstyping.com/
2) Access code: Summer2013
3) Please fill in all boxes.
You are allotted 2 attempts to test out. If you are not successful, then you will be required to take Medical Keyboarding or wait to test out for the following semester. You will be notified by the department via email regarding your results within 48 hours of taking the test. Your results will be good for one (1) calendar year. Please make sure that your computer is running the most current version of JAVA. You may also find it helpful to clean out your cookies under Internet Options.
Program Requirements: (Granted Permission Required)
- HEA 7630 (Medical Office Administrative Procedures)
NOTE: Permission will be granted when all pre-requisites have been satisfied. Pre-requisite courses CAN NOT be taken concurrently with HEA 7630.
To register online
Cost: $175 per course (not including books and other College fees)
Withdrawal Policy (Occupational Extension Classes):
- All tuition will be systematically refunded by the College for any class canceled by the College.
- 100% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first day of the class.
- 75% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws from the class on or after the first day of the class through the 10% point of the class.
If you have questions, feel free to email us at