Tickets now on sale to Charlotte Business Resource’s Small Business Week Conference
WHAT: Charlotte Business Resource’s Small Business Week Conference is the most anticipated event of the year for entrepreneurs and existing business owners in the Charlotte Region. CPCC’s Small Business Center, in partnership with the Charlotte Business Resources Consortium, a collaborative of 14 community business resource providers, has designed a conference to engage and ignite the local business community.
This signature event features an inspiring half-day of presentations, including talks by TEDx Charlotte alumni, interactive breakout sessions, and a keynote address by Chef Jeff Henderson. Henderson is an award-winning chef, motivational speaker, New York Times best-selling author, and Food Network television personality. He captivates audiences across the country with his triumphant story of change and the power of potential. Using "Reality-Based Education," he inspires audiences to take charge of their lives and become a driver on the freeway toward their dreams. He also gives them effective and simple ways to implement strategies to navigate them through the detours and roadblocks along the way. Henderson is the voice of personal and professional change, distinguishing him as a leading authority on human potential.
The conference will also includeTEDx Charlotte alumni talks by:
- Emmanuel “Manny” Ohonme, founder, Samaritans Feet
- Chad Henderson, award-winning brewmaster, NoDa Brewing Company
- Dolph Ramseur, founder, Ramseur Records
- DJ: ThatGuySmitty, musician and music programmer
- Cassie Parsons, chef and owner, Harvest Moon Grille
- Robin Emmons, founder, Sow Much Good
To round out the event, attendees can self-select from the following interactive breakout sessions:
- “Results Based Innovation,” presented by Louis Foreman, chief executive of Edison Nation.
- "Three Steps To Conquer Small Business Marketing," presented by Michael Moore, award-winning serial entrepreneur.
- “Lessons on Risk-Taking and Recovery from a Long-Distance Motorcyclist,” presented by Tamela Rich, author, ghostwriter, speaker.
WHEN: May 14; 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
WHERE: Harris Conference Center, CPCC Harris Campus, 3210 Harris Campus Dr., Charlotte, N.C.
CONTACT: Tickets are $39. For more information or to register, please visit www.charlottesmallbusinessweek.com or call 704.330.6736. Parking is available on the CPCC Harris Campus. For directions, visit http://www.cpcc.edu/campuses/harris/directions.