MAN UP is for YOU!
Why should you join?
MAN UP offers a great opportunity for you to be with peers and with older adults who know the ropes. The atmosphere in MAN UP is accepting and encouraging, and will infuse you with strength and wisdom to help you successfully navigates your time at CPCC and your career and life after graduation.
We're here for you to ensure you achieve your goals. We'll answer your questions and walk alongside you as you take steps toward your future.
When you join MAN UP, you'll have resources and encouragement to help you reach your goals.
MAN UP is open to any minority male enrolled at CPCC who is committed to the mission and vision of the program.
You also have to do the following:
- Be currently enrolled college student at Central Piedmont Community College
- Complete a screening process
- Follow all rules and guidelines as outlined by the program coordinator, mentee training, program policies, and CPCC
- Have a positive attitude and be respectful of mentors
- Make a one-year commitment to being matched with a mentor
- Meet at least one to two hours per month with your mentor
- Keep open communciation with your mentor
- Be on time for any scheduled meetings or call mentor at least 24 hours beforehand if unable to make meeting
- Discuss monthly meeting times and activities with the program coordinator, and regularly and openly communicate with the program coordinator as requested
- Inform the program coordinator of any difficulties or areas of concern that may arise in the relationship
- Attend monthly service learning and meetings for the program.
- Notify the program coordinator of any changes in address or phone number
Get Involved! MAN UP Application