News & Events
Why get an Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technology?
- Income potential is greater with an AAS Degree.
- The North Carolina Board of Pharmacy recognizes graduates with an AAS Degree in Pharmacy Technology as Validating Technicians.
- Validating Technicians have an expanded role in pharmacy practice in North Carolina.
- Validating Technicians will be allowed to validate certain stocking and unit dose packaging functions of other pharmacy technicians in the hospital pharmacy setting.
- Successful completion of an ASHP accredited pharmacy education program will become a requirement for PTCB certification by 2020.
Starting Fall 2017 a diploma program will be offered for students wanting to work strictly in the retail market. See the courses tab for a listing of required courses.
Join us for an information session.