Pharmacy Technology Program (A45580)
PHARMACY TECHNOLOGY AAS PROGRAM (A45580)
Information Sessions - See News & Events Page
Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2015
It's a great time to be a pharmacy technician...
A career in pharmacy gives you the opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing fields in health care. Pharmacy technicians work closely with pharmacists to help ensure that patients have the medications they need.
A pharmacy technician works closely with pharmacists in hospitals, drug and grocery stores, and other medical settings to help prepare and distribute medicines to patients. In many pharmacies, technicians:
Program at a glance:
- Program details: prepares individuals to assist the pharmacist in duties that a technician can legally perform and to function within the boundaries prescribed by the pharmacist and the employment agency.
- Associates of Applied Science (AAS) Degree
- Program length: 5 semesters
- Admission Cycle: Fall semester
- Method of Instruction: Classroom/online instruction and hands-on, practical experience