Medical Assisting Program Overview (D45400) (A45400)
Begin your journey toward a new healthcare career. CPCC's Medical Assisting program can prepare you with the skills and knowledge needed to be a highly successful professional in the medical field.
At CPCC, we teach students to be leaders in their industry.
- Earn your Medical Assisting diploma in one year or associates degree in two years.
- Learn from field-experienced instructors.
- Gain valuable hands-on experience before you graduate.
- Complete your diploma at a fraction of the cost as compared to a private school.
- Start now! New classes begin in the fall and spring semester.
Careers in Medical Assisting
Skilled and personable professionals are in high demand and have many employment opportunities in medical institutions, health clinics, physician practices, or other settings where healthcare is provided. Typical duties of a medical assistant include assisting the physician in administrative tasks, clinical functions or laboratory procedures. Clinical duties include assisting with exams, taking vital signs or patient histories and performing lab procedures and electrocardiography. They may also schedule appointments, maintain medical records, and code and process insurance accounts.
We set high standards for our Medical Assisting program students. Successful students are able to use their skills and knowledge to earn a diploma or degree and sit for the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) national certification exam to earn the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (AAMA) certification.