Associate in Applied Science degree in Cosmetology (A55140)
The admissions process for the Associate in Applied Science degree in Cosmetology is as follows:
1. Students must be eligible to register for ENG 111 and MAT 115 based on their Accuplacer scores. Students who have successfully completed these courses will receive admission points upon making application to the program.
2. Students are required to attend a mandatory information session prior to start date. Please make arrangements for childcare prior to attending. Specific dates for the information session will be available on the Cosmetology Program Web page.
3. Students are required to submit a copy of his/her Social Security Card or tax ID card or student visa information; a government issued ID, and proof of date of birth; and, submit an acknowledgement of the N.C. State Board of Cosmetic Arts felony policy on the cosmetology application. These documents are required as per the N.C. State Board of Cosmetic Arts. Applicants must complete a required Tuberculosis Screening. Results must be submitted prior to the first day of class and will be maintained in a confidential file under the supervision of the Program Coordinator. Applicants with a negative Tuberculosis Screening will be considered for admission.
4. Admission is competitive. Fifty day seats are opened each fall and spring semester. The application period during the fall semester is September 1 through October 30. Applications are accepted in the spring semester March 1 through April 30. Students who are not admitted are encouraged to submit a new application during the next application period. Students who are not admitted are encouraged to take related program courses such as ENG 111, MAT 115, CIS 110, PSY 150, while waiting to apply again. See the program of study for a complete list of required courses.
5. Submit a completed Associate in Applied Science degree in Cosmetology and related documentation in a large envelope to Catherine Cunningham, Program Coordinator.