Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship
The Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance for currently enrolled students pursuing a two-year degree at Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC). The scholarship is restricted to books and/or tuition assistance. This scholarship award is made possible through library fundraising projects.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time student, currently enrolled in 12 credit hours or more in an approved program leading to a two-year degree.
- Must have completed at least one full-time semester at CPCC within the past two semesters, excluding the current semester, at the time of application and have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher from CPCC. A copy of your current transcript must be submitted with the application.
- Submit a completed application with supporting documents.
- Write an original 550 to 750 word essay on how the CPCC libraries have helped you achieve your educational goals thus far.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a CPCC faculty or staff member that you have known within the last two years.
- Library employees, including work study students, are NOT eligible to apply.
- Scholarships are awarded for one academic semester only; previous Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship winners may not reapply.
How are recipients selected?
- All applications and supporting documents are reviewed and verified by the Library Scholarship Committee.
- Recommendations for award will be based on how well applicants met eligibility criteria, written essay, and letter of recommendation.
- The decision will be made by the committee and is final.
How much will be awarded?
- Two $500 scholarships will be awarded in the fall and spring semester. Scholarships are awarded for one academic semester and are not renewable or transferable.
When will I know?
- Recipient will be notified in writing by December 20, 2013.
How will the scholarship be issued?
- The full amount of the scholarship award will be deposited directly into the student’s CPCC account once enrollment in 12 credit hours or more for the awarding semester is verified.
How do I apply?
- Applications forms will be available on this site beginning Oct. 7, 2013.
- Completed applications and supporting documents must be received by November 22, 2013. Incomplete and late packets will NOT be considered.
- Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship.
The application scholarship may be downloaded here.
Scholarship documents may be submitted in one of the following ways:
Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship Committee
Library Administration - LRC 403
PO Box 35009
Charlotte, NC 28235-5009
Verify that you have completed all necessary steps in the application process using the checklist below: