Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship
The Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance for currently enrolled students pursuing a two-year degree at Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC). The scholarship is restricted to books and/or tuition assistance. This scholarship award is made possible through library fundraising projects.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time student, currently enrolled in 12 credit hours or more in an approved program leading to a two-year degree.
- Must have completed at least one full-time semester at CPCC and currently be enrolled as a full-time student with a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher. A full-time student is one who is taking 12 credit hours or more.
- Submit a completed application with all supporting documents in a sealed envelope.
- Write an original 550 to 750 word essay on how the CPCC libraries have helped you achieve your educational goals thus far.
- A letter of recommendation from a CPCC faculty or staff member that you have collaborated with in the last two years.
- A copy of a complete CPCC transcript (unofficial) must be submitted with the application.
- Library employees, including work study students, are NOT eligible to apply.
- Scholarships are awarded for one academic semester only; previous Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship winners may not reapply.
How do I apply?
- Completed applications and all required documents must be received by March 31, 2017. Incomplete and late packets will NOT be considered.
- Follow the Application Steps below to apply for the scholarship.
How much will be awarded?
- Two $500 scholarships will be awarded in the fall and spring semester. Scholarships are awarded for one academic semester and are not renewable or transferable.
When will I know?
- Recipient will be notified in writing by May 1, 2017.
How will the scholarship be issued?
- The full amount of the scholarship award will be deposited directly into the student’s CPCC account once enrollment in 12 credit hours or more for the awarding semester is verified.
How are recipients selected?
- All applications and supporting documents are reviewed and verified by the Library Scholarship Committee.
- Recommendations for award will be based on how well applicants met eligibility criteria, written essay, and letter of recommendation.
- The decision will be made by the committee and is final.
The scholarship instructions, application and checklist may be downloaded.
The recommendation form may be downloaded.
PLEASE NOTE: Both the scholarship application and the recommendation forms can be edited and saved on a computer but must still be printed and signed in order to be considered complete. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader if you plan on filling out the application on your computer (Adobe Reader 8 or later).
Scholarship documents may be submitted in one of the following ways:
Theresa Thompson Library Scholarship Committee
Library Administration - LRC 403
PO Box 35009
Charlotte, NC 28235-5009
Verify that you have completed all necessary steps in the application process using the checklist included in the application download above.