FINES AND FEES
THE CPCC LIBRARY CHARGES FINES AS AN INCENTIVE FOR PATRONS TO RETURN MATERIALS IN A TIMELY MANNER SO THAT OTHER PATRONS CAN HAVE ACCESS TO THE ITEMS. THE CPCC LIBRARY CHARGES FEES TO OFFSET THE COST OF RECOVERING AND REPLACING LOST AND DAMAGED LIBRARY MATERIALS.
- A fine is a variable charge imposed for the late return of library materials.
- A fee is a fixed charge imposed to cover the cost of processing replacement library materials or recovering or replacing lost ones.
FINES AND FEES TABLE
Print Materials: $0.25 per day
A/V Materials: $1.00 per day
Reserves: $2.00 per hour
Equipment: $10.00 per hour
Fine for Unreturned Recalls: $1.00 per day
Unreturned ILL: $1.00 per day
Crossroads Café kits are to be checked-out from participating campus libraries only by students enrolled in LEP 6000 at that particular campus. A valid borrower will either be listed in the library’s database, listed on the registration roster provided by Crossroads staff or has a registration form from the LEP faculty member.
- The borrower must present a valid CPCC ID.
- Students may only borrow one kit at a time.
- Kits are loaned for 7 days with one (1) additional, 7-day renewal, provided student does not have an overdue fine in excess of $5
- Students will be limited to one kit per person. No more than one (1) kit can be checked-out on a patron account at any given time
- Renewals can be made in-person, over the phone, or at the library’s website.
- There are no check-outs or renewals on the final week of class.
For charges associated with Crossroads Café, please see section 7.3