Take the Communication self-assessment here.
- Uses appropriate methods to communicate (written and oral) based on audience and purpose
- Evaluates the effectiveness of communication of both self and others
Utilizes non-verbal communication to effectively augment verbal message
- Understands and respects multiple perspectives
- Selects, adapts, and combines communication strategies in relation to disciplinary/professional frameworks and theories \
- Helping Students Critically Assess Readings by Elizabeth Bodien, Northampton Community College
- Methods of Delivery and Speaking Tips (video from Cathey Ross, COM instructor)
- Organization and Support (video from Cathey Ross, COM instructor)
- Writing Across the Curriculum: online resources (.doc)
- Oral Communication in the Classroom by Dr. Kathleen Turner, Director of Oral Communication at Davidson College
NOTE: For off-campus viewing of select presentations from the Toolbox, please click here.