Personal Growth and Responsibility
Take the Personal Growth and Responsibility self assessment here.
- Functions as an effective citizen in a global society
- Develops an openness to the arts and creative ways of self-expression
- Commitments reflect ethical and informed decision-making
- Assumes responsibility for own actions
- Functions as a life-long learner
- Monitors mental and physical health and overall well-being
- Achieves balance among education, work, leisure time, and family or life demands
- Sets, articulates, and pursues realistic individual goals for education, work, and leisure
- Respects personal and cultural differences
- Contributes effectively as a team member
- Interacts effectively in professional environments
- Working in Groups: Center for Teaching and Learning, Harvard University
- Collaborative Learning: Learning Collaboratively
- http://cfe.unc.edu/pdfs/FYC2.pdf (Learning in Groups) from UNC's Center for Teaching and Learning
- Teams that Work from New & Improved's Senior Partner, Jonathan Vehar.
- Commitments reflect ethical and informed decision making by Dr. Tom Lombardo, Resident Futurist and Faculty Chair of Psychology at Rio Salado College.
- Multicultural Teaching from UNC Asheville's Director of Diversity and Multiculturalism, Don Locke, Ed.D
- Integrating Sustainability into the Core Competencies of CPCC by Dr. John Wear Jr., founding director of the Catawba College Center for the Environment.
Teaching Best Practices:
- Creating a Respectful Classroom Environment by Dr. Chris Brawley, Instructor and Discipline Chair: Humanities, Philosophy, Religion.**New
- Dress for Success! by Savannah Clay, instructor Business and Accounting Division **New
- Financial Readiness Workshop by Savannah Clay, instructor Business and Accounting Division **New
NOTE: For off-campus viewing of select presentations from the Toolbox, please click here.