Deans and division directors will work collaboratively to ensure a smooth transition upon deciding to terminate a program. The dean and division director will be responsible for written notification to students and appropriate offices as well as oversight of the following activities.
- Notify the CPCC Curriculum Committee. The committee will notify the Vice President for Learning.
- The Vice President for Learning will review and seek the support of the Board of Trustees Instructional Programs and Institutional Support Committee regarding the proposed program termination decision(s).
- Board of Trustees will act on the recommendation of its Instructional Programs and Institutional Support Committee
- The Assistant to the Vice President for Learning will be responsible for ensuring that the Curriculum ProgramTermination Form is submitted to the North Carolina Community College System Office
- Notify program faculty/advisors.
- Plan and conduct a meeting with students to inform/advise them of their options and, if possible, the last term program courses will be scheduled. Provide students with a detailed transitional Education Plan.
- Submit to the Assistant to the Vice President for Learning a copy of the student letter of notification.
- Maintain on file in the division office copies of the student letter of notification.
- Notify the following offices :
- Compliance & Audit
- Counseling Services
- Graduation Office
- Library Services
- Information Technology Services
- Delete the program from the catalog.
- Notify external accrediting agency, if applicable.
- Notify members of the Advisory Committee.
- Employ the standards established in P&P 4.08 Non-Administrator Contract Policy, if applicable.
- Make decisions regarding the disposition of equipment, if applicable.
Updated March 2011