Mid-Term Report Task Force
The institution has implemented the mid-term report as a method of providing timely feedback to students demonstrating unsatisfactory progress. The practices listed below will help this intrusive advising strategy be more beneficial to students.
- Inform students that the mailgram will note their performance level.
- Have several evaluation activities before mid-term period to accurately assess students’ performance.
- Prepare and distribute communications to faculty emphasizing the importance of informing students.
- Improve communications with part-time faculty by encouraging e-mail access.
- Discuss the management of this responsibility in the summative PDP conference.
- Maintain a tracking sheet indicating the date the report is released to a faculty member and date returned.
Program Chairs and Discipline Chairs
- Mentor part-time faculty with this responsibility.