Student Learning Communities at CPCC
What is a Learning Community?
Learning communities are two or more courses that students take as a group at the same time.
- The intent is to build a community of learners who support each other in a supportive learning environment.
- In addition, students make a connection to their instructors, who collaborate their course content and track student progress.
You can view a list of the learning communities for Spring 2012 under the "Spring 2012 LC's" tab. Benefits of learning communities include:
- Increased student retention and advancement
- Learning-centered environment with peer and instructor support
- Instant application of coursework
- Faculty and course development
- Diversity and cultural exploration
To learn more about CPCC learning communities, contact Elvira Johnson at 704-330-6362 or email@example.com.