Step 1. Check Residency and Apply to CPCC Lateral Entry Program C55430
Go to CPCC homepage and click the Orange Get Started button.
- If you previously attended CPCC, but have not enrolled in credit courses for three or more semesters, click the Readmitted Students tab and complete Step 1 to check or establish your residency.
- If you are new to CPCC, click the Degree-Seeking or Transfer tab. Follow Steps 1 and 2 to apply to
CPCC Lateral Entry Program C55430.
- For questions about checking residency and information on Tuition Residency Status, CLICK HERE.
- A CPCC Student ID number is emailed to new students in a welcome letter within 24 hours
- Readmitted and returning students can find their Student ID number via CPCC Login / Manage Account
- Karen Anderson is your Academic Advisor for Lateral Entry Pedagogy classes.
- Do not apply for financial aid or send official transcripts when applying.
- Do not attend orientation. Instead email Karen Anderson.
- All new students should create their Login
- College Placement test is waived for Lateral Entry students.
Step 2. Submit Lateral Entry Documents
Scan documents and information listed below to Karen.Anderson@cpcc.edu. Documents are required to take Lateral Entry courses. It takes at least 2 weeks to verify documents and to clear for registration.
- A copy of your signed RALC Plan of Study or Qualifying Letter. CMS teachers may have a LTAP Intent Form.
- A digital copy of your unofficial undergraduate transcript showing the degree deferred, the institution and an English course
- CPCC Student ID number
- Your requested course(s) and indicate semester.
EDU-163 Classroom Management and Instruction
EDU-243 Learning Theory
EDU-244 Human Growth and Development
EDU-271 Educational Technology
Step 3. Preparing to Register
When all documents are submitted and verified, you will receive an email from Karen Anderson about preparing to register. Seats are limited. Plan on paying tuition and fees when you register to hold your seat.
Step 4. Register for class
Go to the CPCC home page: www.cpcc.edu
Click on ‘My College’ not Schedule Builder
Click on ‘Log In’
Click on ‘Students’
Click on ‘Register for Sections’
Click on ‘Search and Register for Sections’
Select Term (ex: Fall 2017)
Select subject & course/section number (ex. EDU 163 L01); Submit
Click on ‘Select’ to verify the course; Submit
Under ‘Action’, choose ‘Register’; Submit
You should get a message ‘You are currently registered for (your chosen) class.”
If you get a warning about prerequisites, continue to register.
Step 5. Pay for class
Go to My College. Under Financial Information, choose ‘Make a Payment’ to pay for your class(es). Or pay by phone 704-330-4647. For cost, payment dates and other information, see the Tuition & Fees tab.
Questions and further information, see FAQ or Contacts tabs or email karen.anderson.@cpcc.edu