NOTE: GER 111, 112, 211 and 212 are considered the CLASS. GER 181, 182, 281 and 282 are considered the LAB (Quia).
All assigned activities in ALL 2 of the manuals (Workbook, Lab Manual) MUST be completed.
- A minimum score PER ACTIVITY of 90% for GER 181, 182, 281 and 282 must be achieved. There are also 15 attendance quizzes on blackboard that must be taken in order to be counted attending the class. These quizzes count as 10% of the lab grade.
- Students have 5 opportunities to achieve the minimum score. If more attempts are needed, students must contact their instructor.
- After the first try, the correct answers are given by the system. Students must correct their work and resubmit, if they have less than the minimum scores per activity.
- All activities in all 2 manuals should be completed BEFORE the date of the lesson test. Each instructor should notify his/her students of the last date they will accept Quia activities.
- Students must be sure to type their answers for Quia starting at the very beginning of a box – no empty spaces. Also only one space between words. Otherwise, Quia will count answers as incorrect.
- Umlauts MUST be used for the answer to be counted as correct.
- The last day for submitting lab activities for the FALL 12 semester is on
Tuesday, December 4th.
- Students completing all Quia activities with the minimum score will receive the same grade for GER 181, 182, 281 and 282 as they do for GER 111, 112, 211 and 212.
- Students not completing all Quia activities with the minimum score will receive an F in the lab portion (GER 181, 182, 281, 282). The F will become part of the student’s permanent record and will affect the GPA. Also, students WILL NOT be allowed to enroll in the next level of German. However, students may re-take GER 111/181, 112/182, 211/281 and 212/282, auditing the class portion and re-doing all of Quia. Upon completion of the lab work, the lab grade will be the same as the grade received originally in the class.