Composition II (EFL 092)
Please print off and check the materials that you would like your students to use in the language lab.
We suggest that our students work on the following assignments/use the following resources:
- _____ Basic Composition for ESL: An Expository Workbook (for higher level)
- _____ Elementary Composition Practice, book 1
- _____ Guided Composition, 2nd ed.
- _____ Idea Exchange 1
- _____ Multi-Cultural Workshop, book 1
- _____ Basic English Grammar (Azar)
- _____ Fundamentals of English Grammar (Azar)
- _____ Oxford Phrasal Verbs
- _____ Oxford Idioms
- _____ Barron's Phrasal Verb Book (examples and exercises)
- _____ Grammar Fitness (for students who make native-speaker-like mistakes)
Standard Deviants DVDs (requires good listening skills to understand explanations)
- _____ English Composition (explains the writing process)
- _____ English Punctuation (DVD# --explains end marks, commas, semi-colons, and colons)
Make a 15-20 minute appointment to see an appropriately trained lab facilitator to go over aspects of your composition with you.