Recommendations for Personal Devices
Due to the wide variety of hardware and software configurations, ITS is able to provide limited support for personally owned computing equipment. CPCC recommends the following guidelines to minimize potential problems while using online services.
- Keep your operating system current and up to date by visiting to the Microsoft Update page. This will help keep your system secure by installing security measures as they become available.
- Install and maintain an antivirus software. Such software can scan, identify and remove harmful viruses from your computer. Free antivirus software can be obtained from vendors such as Microsoft's Security Essentials.
- Make sure your device meets the recommended system requirements for use with the CPCC Cloud Environment, which can be found here.
- Hands-on support for your device to operate in the CPCC environment, called CPCC ITS Express Support, is available at each Student Technology Center and at the ITS Help Desk. The CPCC ITS Express Support will provide you the following services for your device:
Determining if personal device meets minimum requirements.* Diagnosing hardware issues/recommending course of action. Personal device CPCC wireless connectivity issues. Brand new device software setups. CPCC Cloud Log-on Issues. Client CPCC Network ID Password Resets. Personal device CPCC Cloud connectivity issues. Software downloads (On The Hub / Imagine). Diagnose viruses/malware which prevent connectivity/recommending course of action. CPCC related software issues.
* If your device does not meet the minimum requirements for running in the CPCC environment, then CPCC support staff CANNOT work on the device; however, we recommend that you do one of the following:
- Check out a laptop from the CPCC Library.
- If device is under warranty, return to original vendor.
- Bring your device to a retail entity in the community to review for repair recommendations.
For assistance with technical issues with our online services, please contact the ITS Help Desk using the links below.
|ITS Help Desk Web Siteemail@example.com||Live Chat Support|
|704.330.5000 - phone||704.330.5475 - fax|