Retiree E-mail Accounts
Central Piedmont Community College will provide employees retiring from the College with email accounts. For purposes of this document any reference to an “old account” or “employee account” will be to describe the email account that the employee had in the @cpcc.edu domain while working for the college. Likewise, any reference to a “new account” or “retiree account” will be to describe the email account that the retiree has in the @retiree.cpcc.edu domain.
- Details about the capacity and functionality of the email accounts is provided in the Google Gmail Help Document cited in the resources section of this document.
- In most cases, the email name identification and address created for the retiree account will be identical to the username the individual had while employed; first name, period (.) and last name such as john.smith.
- Retirees may use this email account for personal and/or business purposes.
When a retiree is rehired back to the College, they will receive a standard employee account. This account will remain active throughout the re-employment period. Consequently, retirees who are rehired will have two accounts, retiree email account and the standard employee account. For College purposes, employees need to have a primary account. This primary account will be the standard employee account and is to be used for all College related business.
- Submit a Network Access Change Request Form. This should be done no later than two weeks before your retire.
- ITS will create the email account and communicate the initial password to you. You MUST change this password after you first login to your retiree email account.
- Please note that College related emails should NOT be forwarded to this account due to possible FERPA violations. Personal email in your existing account can be forwarded.
- The retiree will have 60 days upon retirement to move over any personal e-mails, contacts, and calendar items from the old account. After this time, the old account will be deactivated and the retiree will have only the new account.
- It is highly encouraged for retired employees to set an out of office message on their old account as early as possible to communicate their retirement. This message should include someone to contact at CPCC for work-related needs, as well as a way to contact the retiree for personal reasons.