Administrative Information Services (AIS)
AIS handles the application development and ERP system as well as the helpdesk and other client services areas for the college. These tools include Datatel, CPCC Login, Online Schedule, AdAstra and more.
- Architecture Team - This team primarily develops application that involve the integration of ERP (Datatel) data with online applications (CPCC Login, Online Schedule, COD, and more).
- Client Services - This group encompasses the helpdesk along with managing the annual technology aquisition and distribution process.
- ERP Team - The ERP team handles the Datatel system as well as other important system like AdAstra and Report to Web.
- Web Development Team - This team oversees the development of the CPCC.edu website along with the employee intranet and other web applications.
Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS)
TIS manages all of CPCC's technology infrastructure related systems and services. This includes, but is not limited to desktop management, classroom setup, networking, server and telecommunications. The department is divided into four distinct teams, each with their own focus on specific disciplines of technology infrastructure related services. A brief description of the teams and their purpose can be found below.
Core Systems and Telecommunications Services (CSS) - This team is responsible for data center administration, servers, storage and storage networks, backup, and telecommunications.
Infrastructure Systems and Services (ISS) - This team is responsible for desktop management, classroom setup, wired and wireless networking, data/structure cabling and fiber optics, leased circuits, backup battery power systems, and environmental monitoring.
Security Infrastructure Systems (SIS) - This team is responsible for information security policy management, intrusion detection and prevention, anti-virus/malware management and life safety technology administration.
Instructional Technology Services
IS handles the needs of instruction and faculty. This team works closely with faculty to ensure that classroom and instruction needs are met effectively.
- Computing Facilities Team - The open and specialty labs are overseen by this team. This includes all lab facilitators and support staff to ensure that students and instructors have access to technology.