Interpreter Education Program Information
Martha Ingel, Instructor and Kellie Stewart, Program Chair & Instructor
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- CPCC placement tests are required in English,reading and mathematics.
- Students must take and pass ENG 111 with a grade of C or better; successfully complete a credit by exam, or transfer an ENG 111 equivalent course.
- Student must have a SLPI (Sign Language Placement Interview): ASL rating of Intermediate Level or higher in order to major in the Interpreter Education program.
- Courses in the Interpreter Education Program have course prerequisites or corequisites; check the Course Descriptions section for details
See catalog for required course information.
Note: Students with a desire to take IPP courses must first satisfactorily complete the ASL Foundational Courses.
For course sequencing reasons, it is NOT recommended that students with a desire to enter the Interpreting Degree program take summer ASL courses.
Required CORE courses could be taken in the summer. For students receiving financial aid, this may not be advisable. Check with financial aid and speak to the ASL/Interpreting Department prior to registering for summer courses.