Interpreter Education Program Requirements and Sequence
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- CPCC placement tests are required in English,reading and mathematics.
- Students must take and pass ENG 111 with a grade of C or better; successfully complete a credit by exam, or transfer an ENG 111 equivalent course.
- Student must have a SLPI (Sign Language Placement Interview): ASL rating of Intermediate Level or higher in order to major in the Interpreter Education program.
- Courses in the Interpreter Education Program have course prerequisites or corequisites; check the Course Descriptions section for details
See catalog for required course information.
Note: For course sequencing reasons, it is NOT recommended that students with a desire to enter the Interpreting Degree program take summer ASL courses.
Note: Required CORE courses could be taken in the summer. For students receiving financial aid, this may not be advisable. Check with financial aid and speak to the ASL/Interpreting Department prior to registering for summer courses.