On behalf of Central Piedmont Community College and UNC Charlotte, welcome to the Passport Program! Our goal is to provide you with an outstanding educational experience that will prepare you for a successful transition to UNC Charlotte.
Below you will see a set of steps, which are required for admission into the Passport Program. Please review these steps and have them completed prior to your advising appointment in April. You can find further information about the Passport Program and more detailed instructions at the Passport website.
- Complete a CPCC Application for admission online: http://www.cpcc.edu/admissions and click on the “Steps to Enroll” box.
- Set up your CPCC Login and Email Account online: https://secure2.cpcc.edu/cpcclogin/ and click on “Create CPCC Login” You can find your Student ID number in the welcome email which is sent to you after you complete the CPCC application for admission.
- Take the CPCC Placement Tests: Your placement test scores will determine whether you place into college-level or developmental English and Math courses. Please review the study guides prior to testing to achieve your best score. Study guides are available online at: http://www.cpcc.edu/testing_assessment/placement-testing/accuplacer-study-guides .
The placement test is offered free of charge at all campuses.
*An exemption is granted for one or both tests by meeting one of the following:
Minimum score of 21 on the ACT Reading AND English sections or
minimum score of 500 on the SAT Verbal section
Minimum score of 21 on the ACT Math section or minimum score of 500 on the
SAT Math section
- Apply for Financial Aid by completing the free application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov . If you completed the FAFSA for UNC CHARLOTTE, log into your account and add CPCC’s school code (002915).
- Send your High School Transcript after graduation to CPCC and UNC CHARLOTTE admissions: CPCC, P.O. Box 35009, Charlotte, NC 28235 and UNC CHARLOTTE, Undergraduate Admissions-Cato Hall, 9201 University City Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28223.
- If you plan on participating in CPCC College Connection, inform the CPCC staff that you are a Passport Student. Although you may register for classes during this time, you will still need to see a transfer advisor in the Transfer Resource Center during Passport Advising Week.
- Attend one of the required advising sessions in April. Passport students are required to have a one-on-one advising session with a transfer advisor in the Transfer Resource Center in order to register for fall semester courses. Students will register for their advising appointment in early April through their Future 49er account on the UNC Charlotte website. You will receive an email notifying you when registration has opened. Students who do not commit to the Passport Program by April 22nd, will have an opportunity for advising on May 6th.
- Attend the required Passport Orientation on July 18th: Students and their families will attend orientation to learn more about the Passport Program, meet other students, and learn more about college life. Students will register for orientation in early April through their Future 49er account on the UNC Charlotte website. You will receive an email notifying you when registration has opened.
Again, congratulations on your decision to be a Passport student at CPCC! If you have any questions, please give us a call
at (704) 330-6823 or view our website at http://www.cpcc.edu/ican/trc/passport-program. We look forward to meeting you and your family at Passport Orientation on Thursday, July 18th.