Business Admission @ UNC Charlotte
If you plan to transfer to UNC Charlotte for a business degree, you need the following information:
1. To be admitted to the Belk College of Business at UNC Charlotte, you must complete the following progression courses with a 2.5 GPA:
- ACC 120: Financial Accounting
- ACC 121: Managerial Accounting
- ECO 251: Microeconomics
- ECO 252: Macroeconomics
- MAT 263 or 271: Brief Calculus or Calculus I
- MAT 155: Statistical Analysis
- CIS 110: Introduction to Computers
- BUS 110: Introduction to Business
2. The Belk College of Business requires all students to earn a “C” or better on the progression courses within two attempts, regardless of whether the course is taken at CPCC, UNC Charlotte, or another institution. Students who take any progression course twice and do not earn a “C” or better will not be admitted to the Belk College of Business. For example, a student who takes ACC 120 two times at CPCC without earning a “C” may not take the course a third time (at CPCC or UNC Charlotte) in an attempt to earn a “C” and will not be admitted to the Belk College of Business.
3. Your program GPA at CPCC must be 2.5 or higher.
4. The recommended program of study for transfer students going to the Belk College of Business is Associate in Arts (A10100).
These rules apply to the following majors at UNC Charlotte: Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Industrial and Operations Management, International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, and Marketing.
Students who need additional information about the business prerequisites should contact admissions at UNC Charlotte at 704.687.2213.
For additional information about transferring to UNC Charlotte, contact the Transfer Resource Center, Central High, Room 100, 704.330.6454.