Career and College Promise (CCP)
What is Career and College Promise (CCP)?
Career and College Promise (CCP) gives high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to get a "jump start" and earn college credit toward a two-year or four-year degree while still in high school. Students are dually enrolled in their high school and at Central Piedmont Community College, allowing them to receive both high school and college credit for courses taken through the program. Best of all, CCP classes are tuition-free during the fall and spring semesters. (High school students are responsible for student fees and insurance fees). Students are responsible for summer tuition and fees.
Career and College Promise Program Benefits:
- Students explored more than 50 academic programs.
- High school students earned over 7000 hours of college credit .
- More than 2000 high school students saved approximately $950,000 in college tuition and fees.
Career & College Promise provides three TUITION-FREE pathways for high school students to earn college credit:
- – We offer two different pathways designed to meet your general educational requirements for a four-year college degree.
- – We have more than 30 different pathways created to help you get a head start on a great career. You can earn college credits toward a job credential, certificate or diploma in a technical career.
- CMS Innovative High Schools and Middle Colleges – Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) students can enroll in innovative high schools and middle colleges to earn college credits and complete their high school classes simultaneously. Unlike the pathways above, students in innovative high schools and middle colleges can take a wider variety of classes.
Visit the CMS website to learn about Hawthorne and Performance Learning Center, two innovative high schools.