Baking and Pastry Arts Steps to Enroll
Thank you for your interest in the Baking and Pastry Arts degree program.
You may have already begun some of the steps to become a active student, but let us re-cap the process for you.
- Complete and submit a CPCC Admission form at any CPCC campus or online at www.cpcc.edu. Indicate your program of interest. Use program code, A55130, for Baking and Pastry Arts.
- Request your High School or Post Secondary Degree transcripts and have them mailed to: Director of Admissions, CPCC, P.O Box 35009, Charlotte, NC 28235-5009.
- Take ACCUPLACER tests at the Testing Center (follow link for more information http://www.cpcc.edu/testing_assessment/placement-testing) The ACCUPLACER tests are waived for individuals with degree transcripts on file in their student records.
- Once the ACCUPLACER test are complete, meet with an academic counselor to discuss your test scores. Satisfactory placement test scores are prerequisites for our courses. Placement test scores will affect the length and cost of your program at CPCC.
- Students may register for Hospitality Education classes AFTER they have received the following placement test scores or have completed with a "C" or better the listed development studies courses:
- 86+ in Sentence Skills OR completion of ENG 090/090A and RED 090 with a C in both; OR ENG 095/095A with a C
- 86+ in Reading OR RED 090 OR ENG 095/095A with a C
- 55+ in Arithmetic OR MAT 060 with a C
- Once you are coded into your program, contact Geoff Blount, BPA program chair, For Scheduling and advisement at 704.330.4638 or email@example.com.
- Registration: EVERY STUDENT, EACH SEMESTER MUST SEE THEIR FACULTY ADVISOR PRIOR TO THEIR REGISTRATION PERIOD, TO HAVE THEIR RECORDS EVALUATED, AND THEIR NEXT SEMESTER'S CLASSES APPROVED ONLINE IN ORDER TO REGISTER FOR CULINARY AND HRM CLASSES. (ANY CLASS WITH A CUL, HRM PREFIX)
Chef Geoff Blount