Steps to Enroll
Thank you for your interest in the Culinary Arts or Hospitality Management degree program.
You may have already begun some of the steps to become an active student, but let us re-cap the process for you.
- Complete and submit a CPCC Admission form at any CPCC campus or online at www.cpcc.edu/getstarted/curriculum. Indicate your program of interest. For Culinary Arts, use program code A55150; for Hospitality Management, A25110.
- Request your High School and Post Secondary Degree transcripts and have them mailed to: Director of Admissions, CPCC, P.O Box 35009, Charlotte NC 28235-5009.
- Take ACCUPLACER tests at the Testing Center (if needed). http://www.cpcc.edu/testing_assessment/placement-testing). The ACCUPLACER tests are waived for individuals with degree transcripts on file in their student records. (See the website for details.)
- Once the ACCUPLACER test are complete, meet with an academic counselor to discuss your test scores. Satisfactory placement test scores are prerequisites for our courses. Placement test scores will affect the length and cost of your program at CPCC.
- All needed developmental studies courses must be completed prior to beginning CUL, HRM prefix courses.
- Sign up and attend an orientation and advising session at www.cpcc.edu/getstarted/curriculum, step. 7.
- Once you are coded into your program, contact a Hospitality Education program chair for scheduling and advisement.
- Registration: EVERY STUDENT, EACH SEMESTER MUST SEE THEIR FACULTY ADVISOR PRIOR TO THEIR REGISTRATION PERIOD, TO HAVE THEIR RECORDS EVALUATED, AND THEIR NEXT SEMESTER'S CLASSES APPROVED ONLINE IN ORDER TO REGISTER FOR CULINARY AND HRM CLASSES. (ANY CLASS WITH A CUL, HRM PREFIX)
After completing the preceding steps, call for a face to face meeting:
Jim Bowen, Culinary Arts - 704.330.6770
Richard Spellman, Hospitality Management - 704.330.6669