Looking for a new career?
The Health Information Technology program is 90% online.
Many graduates are working from home!
What is Health Information Technology?
- A combination of business, science, and information technology
- Care for patients by caring for their medical data
- Responsibility for the quality, integrity, and protection of patient’s health information
- Ensures health information is classified and standardized for clinical, financial, and legal uses in healthcare
- This health information can include any or all of the following:
- Lab results—blood tests, urine tests, etc.
- X-rays and other radiology procedures
- Physicians’ notes
- Clinical information (nursing notes, physical therapy notes, and many others)
- A history and physical exam
- Operative and procedure reports
And so much more…
Is Health Information Technology Right for Me?
It is, if you:
- Want to work in healthcare, but not directly with patients.
- See yourself in a career that offers diverse opportunities.
- Have an aptitude for science, but also like business, management, law, and technology.
- Enjoy working with professionals: Physicians, nurses, lawyers, administrators, and executives.
- Want a career where you can choose to work on your own, with others, or a little of both.
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Behavioral/Mental Health Facilities
- Consulting Services
- Educational Institutions
- Acute Care Hospitals
- Integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Long-term Care Facilities
- Clinic/Physician Practices
- Non provider Setting (government, law firms, vendor, and association settings)
- Health Information Exchange (HIE)
- Regional Extension Center (REC)
- Home Health/Hospice Services
- Biopharmaceutical companies
- Other Provider Setting (rehabilitation, etc.)
The CPCC Health Information Technology Associate Degree Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
CPCC has a 100 percent Health Information Technology program graduate rate based on the class HIT 280 Professional Issues, our capstone review course.
CPCC had twenty five graduates for the academic year 2013-2014. Twenty-two students passed the RHIT exam resulting in an eighty-eight percent pass rate. The national pass rate for this time period is seventy six percent.