Discover a Career in Health Information Technology
A career in Health Information Technology combines the best of business, science and information technology. While working in the healthcare field, health information technicians are responsible for being a part of the team that cares for patients by protecting their medical information. These individuals are responsible for the quality, integrity and accuracy of a patient's health information, ensuring that patient's receive proper care and physicians and nurses have reliable information at their fingertips.
Health Information Technology is a high-demand career choice. Individuals who are successful in this field have the following skills, qualities or interests.
- An interest in working in the healthcare industry, including at hospitals, urgent cares, physician offices, rehabilitation clinics and other related places.
- Would like to work in an field that offers many different types of opportunities and has a varied daily routine.
- An aptitude and interest in science, business, management, law and technology.
- Good communication skills and an ability to work with all types of individuals.
- An ability to build relationships with physicians, hospital administrators, nurses and lawyers.
- Enjoys working independently, with others and as a team.
- Would like little to no interaction with patients.
If Health Information Technology sounds like an interesting career choice for you, attend an information session to learn more about Central Piedmont Community College's Health Information Technology program.
August 26 at 10 a.m.
August 27 at 6 p.m.
September 23 at 10 a.m.
September 24 at 6 p.m.
October 21 at 10 a.m.
October 22 at 6 p.m.
Central Campus, Belk Health Building, Room 4510
To learn more about earning your associate degree in Health Information Technology visit our website.
Can't make one of the information sessions? We are available to answer your questions. Contact Liza Lopes at 704.330.6958 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.