Our Nursing Assistant Certificate program is comprised of just four courses and may be completed in as few as two semesters at our Levine or Central Campus.
Certificate Requirements 17 credit hours:
NAS 101 Nursing Assistant I - 6 credit hours
NAS 102 Nursing Assistant II - 6 credit hours
NAS 103 Home Health Care - 2 credit hours
CIS 110 Introduction to Computers OR MED 121 Medical Terminology - 3 credit hours
Graduates of this curriculum may be eligible to be listed on the North Carolina Nurse Aide registry as a Nursing Assistant I and the North Carolina Board of Nursing Registry as Nursing Assistant II. They may be employed in home health agencies, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, extended care facilities, and doctor’s offices.
Certificate Awarded - The Nursing Assistant Certificate is awarded by the College upon completion of the certificate requirements.
Here are the steps to becoming a Nursing Assistant Student:
1. Complete a CPCC Curriculum application:http://www.cpcc.edu/getstarted
2. Submit high school transcripts or equivalent, as well as any college transcripts (if applicable).
3. Take the required placement tests.
(MATH - passing score on DMA 010, 020, 030, READING and ENGLISH)
To schedule a testing appointment, take practice tests, and access review materials, please visit: http://www.cpcc.edu/testing_assessment/placement-testing
Review the following website information:http://www.cpcc.edu/financial_aid?searchterm=financial+aid
Estimated Totals for NAS 101
In State: $1,208.80 Out of State: $2,360.80
- Students must have permission to register for NAS classes
- For NAS-101 students must be at least 18 years of age on the first day of class
- Permission will be granted based on required minimum placement test scores: Math - DMA scores of 7, Sentence Skills score of 86 or higher, and Reading score of 80 or higher OR Proof of completion of college credit [100+ level] MATH and ENG courses with a final grade of C or higher.
- E-Mail the Nursing Assistant Program Assistant: Marcus L. Caldwell (email@example.com) when the Placement Test scores and/or the required MATH and ENG courses are posted to the CPCC student record. Make sure you include your CPCC student ID number in the e-mail.
- Department Permission to register is not a registration or seat assignment. Students must complete the registration process after receiving department permission to register.
- Here is a link to the Online Schedule Builder: http://schedule.cpcc.edu/myschedule/
• In order to participate in clinical education experiences at health care facilities, students are required to submit results of a NC state and/or national criminal background check at their own expense. As a condition of admission, students will be required to verify that they are United States citizens or otherwise legally authorized residents of the United States.
• In addition to tuition, lab fees and textbooks, this course has additional costs that include uniforms, personal protective equipment, physical examinations, immunizations, and drug screening. Please read the attached handbook for information and forms.
The required forms [Medical physical, Immunizations, Urine Drug Screening Results, Authorizations, and Criminal Background Check Request] are submitted on the first in class meeting of the Nurse Aide Program. The forms are not part of the registration process.
Previous students, who have a name change due to marriage or divorce, MUST bring their social security card and current driver’s license to CPCC student records and have the student record updated.