General Information about Human Services Internships
Who is Eligible?
· 2.5 GPA – Minimum of twelve semester hours credit (12) must be completed within the appropriate program of study BEFORE a student can be eligible to received coop credit. A minimum of 3 SCH must come from the core within the students Major. MUST have been satisfactorily completed a combination of the units of courses indicated above. Be recommended for placement by the Human Services Faculty. Each coop student must be enrolled in its companion seminar class which meets weekly on Wednesday from 12:30 to 1:20pm.
· Certificate students – must complete 9 semester credit hours in the program of study prior to co-oping.
· Associate Degree and Diploma Students – must complete 12 semester credit hours in program of study and 3 semester credit hours in the core before co-oping
· Students with a previous degree – all students must meet the same eligibility requirements in order to participate in co-op
· Site visits – required to be “on the site”. If student is out of state, document any exceptions (like a telephone visit) in the student’s file
· MLO’s (measurable learning objectives) will be closely reviewed by auditors – should be measurable and related to program of study
· College Transfer Co-op Students – one hour credit may or may not transfer – this will be the decision of the gaining institution
· The mid-term visit with the student may or may not be on site. It can take place on campus.
These are the courses that MUST be completed prior to beginning co-op in Human Services.
· HSE 110 - Introduction to Human Services
· HSE 112 - Group Process 1
· HSE 120 - Interpersonal Relations
· SAB 110 - Substance Abuse Overview
· HSE 123 -Interviewing Techniques
· ENG 111 - Expository Writing
· HSE 225 - Crisis Intervention
· PSY 150: General Psychology
· SOC 213: Sociology of the Family.