This course is designed to prepare the student to become a certified EKG technician.
It is strongly recommended that students take
Exploring Medical Language (HEA 7254)
PRIOR to taking EKG Technician.
Exploring Medical Language is NOT a
course prerequisite for EKG Technician.
Students will gain knowledge of cardiac terminology, understand the structure and function of the heart, and understand the anatomy and physiology of the heart. Students will gain basic understanding of the electrical conduction system and how it affects heart function. Students will identify why the EKG is done. Students will identify common arrhythmias, and demonstrate patient prep as well as proper placement of EKG leads. Students will be able to properly and safely operate the equipment, run a 12 lead EKG accurately and prepare it for reading. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be eligible to sit for the CET (Certified EKG Technician) examination through the National Health Career Association (www.nhanow.com)
This course will cover:
- Cardiac anatomy
- Cardiac conduction system
- Normal cardiac rhythm
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Patient prep
- EKG machine operation
- Certification prep
Please email enrollment questions to the Program Assistant, Marcus L. Caldwell at email@example.com. Students must provide proof of High School diploma or GED to enroll in this course. Departmental permission is required.
For registration information, please call Corporate and Continuing Education Customer Service at 704-330-4223.
Please see Schedule Builder for information regarding the textbook(s) for this class.
- By phone: CCE Customer Service at 704.330.4223
- online: click here
Cost: $125 per course (not including books and other College fees)
Withdrawal Policy (Occupational Extension Classes):
- All tuition will be systematically refunded by the College for any class canceled by the College.
- 100% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first day of the class.
- 75% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws from the class on or after the first day of the class through the 10% point of the class.