Here are the steps to enroll in Phlebotomy (MLA 7001):
1. Complete a CPCC Curriculum application:http://www.cpcc.edu/getstarted
2. Submit high school transcripts or proof of GED completion, as well as any college transcripts (if applicable). To submit an official transcript, send it to:
CPCC Student Records
PO Box 35009
Charlotte, NC 28235-5009
For more information about this process, contact Student Records at 704- 330-6625.
3. Take the required placement tests.
(See bullet point #3 under Registration for minimum required scores)
To schedule a testing appointment, take practice tests, and access review materials, please visit: http://www.cpcc.edu/testing_assessment/placement-testing
- Students must have permission to register for Phlebotomy (MLA 7001)
- Students must be at least 18 years of age at the time of registration
- Permission will be granted based on required minimum placement test scores: Math - DMA scores of 7 in DMA 010, DMA 020, and DMA 030, Sentence Skills score of 86 or higher, and Reading score of 80 or higher OR Proof of completion of college credit [100+ level] MATH and ENG courses with a final grade of C or higher.
- E-Mail the Program Assistant, Marcus L. Caldwell (email@example.com) when the Placement Test scores and/or the required MATH and ENG courses are posted to the CPCC student record. Make sure you include your CPCC student ID number in the e-mail.
- Department Permission to register is not a registration or seat assignment. Students must complete the registration process after receiving department permission to register.
- Here is a link to the Online Schedule Builder: http://schedule.cpcc.edu/myschedule/
It is strongly recommended that students take
Exploring Medical Language (HEA 7254)
PRIOR to taking Phlebotomy.
Exploring Medical Language is NOT a course prerequisite for Phlebotomy.
There is no financial aid for Corporate and Continuing Education classes such as Phlebotomy. Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
This class will cost approximately $250, not including books, immunizations, and other course requirements. A full list of other requirements will be emailed to your CPCC email account upon your acceptance into the Phlebotomy program.
• In order to participate in clinical education experiences at health care facilities, students are required to submit results of a NC state and/or national criminal background check at their own expense. As a condition of admission, students will be required to verify that they are United States citizens or otherwise legally authorized residents of the United States.
• In addition to tuition, lab fees and textbooks, this course has additional costs that include uniforms, personal protective equipment, physical examinations, immunizations, and drug screening. Please read the attached handbook for information and forms.
The required forms [Medical physical, Immunizations, Urine Drug Screening Results, Authorizations, and Criminal Background Check Request] are submitted prior to the first class meeting. Detailed instructions are included in the Phlebotomy welcome email that is sent to all who have been granted permission to register. The forms are not part of the registration process.
Previous students, who have a name change due to marriage or divorce, MUST bring their social security card and current driver’s license to CPCC student records and have the student record updated.
Students who have been granted permission will be sent an email notification within 2 weeks of Spring/Fall registration start date. This email will include the Phlebotomy Medical Packet that will need to be completed by a physician.
DO NOT complete the medical packet until you have registered and paid for a seat in the Phlebotomy Course. Most of the medical requirements are time sensitive and getting procedures done too early may result in duplicate procedures and more expenses.
ONCE ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN SATISFIED AND YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR WELCOME EMAIL FROM THE CORPORATE AND CONTINUING EDUCATION HEALTHCARE DEPARTMENT, YOU MAY REGISTER ON OR AFTER THE FIRST DAY OF REGISTRATION. To register and to get registration dates, please contact Corporate and Continuing Education Customer Service at 704-330-4223.
- 100% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of the class. Call Customer Service at 704.330.4223 to withdraw.
- 75% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws on or after the first day through the 10% point of the class.
- Tuition will be refunded 100% for any class canceled by the College.