1. Complete a CPCC Curriculum application:http://www.cpcc.edu/getstarted
2. Submit high school transcripts or equivalent, as well as any college transcripts (if applicable).
3. Take the required placement tests with the following scores: MATH - at least a 7 on DMA 010, 020, 030; READING/ENGLISH - composite DRE score of 151+. Students may also qualify by passing DMA 010, 020, and 030 as well as DRE 098. To schedule test, take practice tests, and access review materials, please visit: http://www.cpcc.edu/testing_assessment/placement-testing. Students may also take BOTH a math and an English 100+ level course and pass with at least a "C" or higher.
4. Students must be at least 18 years of age by the time of clinicals.
5. E-Mail the Program Assistant, Marcus L. Caldwell (email@example.com), once all steps have been completed for permission to register. Please be sure to include your CPCC student ID number in the e-mail. If you have received permission in a previous semester, please be sure that you have the most current information packet and health record. You may request this from Mr. Caldwell via the email address above.
6. It is strongly recommended that students take Exploring Medical Language (HEA 7254) PRIOR to taking Phlebotomy. Exploring Medical Language is NOT a course prerequisite for Phlebotomy.
Here is a link to the Online Schedule Builder: http://schedule.cpcc.edu/myschedule/
The CPCC registration fee is approximately $250 due at the time of registration.
Other individual expenses include immunizations, medical physical, urine drug test, criminal background check, books, supplies, uniforms and state testing fee.
Student costs average $600 - $700 for the program. There is no financial aid for Corporate and Continuing Education classes such as Phlebotomy. Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
• In order to participate in clinical education experiences at health care facilities, students are required to submit results of a NC state and/or national criminal background check at their own expense. As a condition of admission, students will be required to verify that they are United States citizens or otherwise legally authorized residents of the United States.
• In addition to tuition, lab fees and textbooks, this course has additional costs that include uniforms, personal protective equipment, physical examinations, immunizations, and drug screening. Please read the attached handbook for information and forms.
The required forms [Medical physical, Immunizations, Urine Drug Screening Results, Authorizations, and Criminal Background Check Request] are submitted prior to the first class meeting. Detailed instructions are included in the Phlebotomy welcome email that is sent to all who have been granted permission to register. The forms are not part of the registration process.
Previous students, who have a name change due to marriage or divorce, MUST bring their social security card and current driver’s license to CPCC student records and have the student record updated.
Students who have been granted permission will be sent an email notification within 2 weeks of Spring/Fall registration start date. This email will include the Phlebotomy Medical Packet that will need to be completed by a physician.
- 100% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of the class. Call Customer Service at 704.330.4223 to withdraw.
- 75% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws on or after the first day through the 10% point of the class.
- Tuition will be refunded 100% for any class canceled by the College.