The CPCC registration fee is approximately $250 due at the time of registration.
Other individual expenses include immunizations, medical physical, urine drug test, criminal background check, books, supplies, uniforms and state testing fee.
Student costs average $600 - $700 for the program.
FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
Students must be 18 years of age on or before the first day of the course. Students will submit proof of current immunizations, proof of a negative TB test done no sooner than 30 days prior to the first day of class and a medical physical within the 6 months prior to the first day of class. Additionally students will be required to have a criminal background check done by the college approved vendor and complete a urine drug screening no sooner than 30 days prior to the first day of class. Students will bring all the required documents to the first day of class. The forms will be e-mailed to the student CPCC e-mail address of the individuals who receive department permission to register.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY AS THEY APPEAR IN THE WELCOME EMAIL.
Here are the steps to becoming a Nurse Aide I Student:
1. Complete a CPCC Curriculum application:http://www.cpcc.edu/getstarted
2. Submit high school transcripts or equivalent, as well as any college transcripts (if applicable).
3. Take the required placement tests. (MATH - passing score on DMA 010, 020, 030, READING and ENGLISH)
To schedule a testing appointment, take practice tests, and access review materials, please visit: http://www.cpcc.edu/testing_assessment/placement-testing
4. Attend one of the Mandatory Information Sessions. See schedule here.
- Students must have department permission to register for this class
- For students must be at least 18 years of age on the first day of class
- Permission will be granted based on required minimum placement test scores: Math - DMA scores of 7, Sentence Skills score of 86 or higher, and Reading score of 80 or higher OR Proof of completion of college credit [100+ level] MATH and ENG courses with a final grade of C or higher.
- E-Mail the Nurse Aide Program Assistant: Marcus L. Caldwell (email@example.com) when the Placement Test scores and/or the required MATH and ENG courses are posted to the CPCC student record. Make sure you include your CPCC student ID number in the e-mail.
- Department Permission to register is not a registration or seat assignment. Students must complete the registration process after receiving department permission to register.
- If you have received permission in a previous semester, please be sure that you have the most current information packet and health record. You may request this from Mr. Caldwell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Call CCE Customer Service at 704.330.4223 for further registration information.
- Here is a link to the Online Schedule Builder: http://schedule.cpcc.edu/myschedule/
• In order to participate in clinical education experiences at health care facilities, students are required to submit results of a NC state and/or national criminal background check at their own expense. As a condition of admission, students will be required to verify that they are United States citizens or otherwise legally authorized residents of the United States.
• In addition to tuition, lab fees and textbooks, this course has additional costs that include uniforms, personal protective equipment, physical examinations, immunizations, and drug screening. Please read the attached handbook for information and forms.
The required forms [Medical physical, Immunizations, Urine Drug Screening Results, Authorizations, and Criminal Background Check Request] are submitted on the first in class meeting of the Nurse Aide Program. The forms are not part of the registration process.
Previous students, who have a name change due to marriage or divorce, MUST bring their social security card and current driver’s license to CPCC student records and have the student record updated.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy:
Occupational Extension Classes (indicated by OE after the course description under the “Refund” column) are eligible for a refund based on the following policy:
- 100% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of the class. Call Customer Service at 704.330.4223 to withdraw.
- 75% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws on or after the first day through the 10% point of the class.
Tuition will be refunded 100% for any class canceled by the College.