- HEA 7254 (Exploring Medical Language)
- HEA 7625 (Medical Keyboarding) or Demonstrate the ability to type 35 wpm with 95% accuracy by following these instructions:
Please be advised that you must have a CPCC student ID number in order to take this test and to have the results counted. If you do not have one or have forgotten it, please call Corporate and Continuing Education Customer Service at (704) 330-4223 to obtain an ID number. Once that is done, please read and follow these directions carefully:
1) Please visit http://cpcc-healthcare.assesstyping.com/
2) Access code: CPCC50
3) Please fill in all boxes.
You are allotted 2 attempts to test out. You must have an accuracy score of at least 95%. If you are not successful, then you will be required to take Medical Keyboarding or wait to test out for the following semester. You will be notified by the department via email regarding your results within 48 hours of taking the test. Your results will be good for one (1) calendar year. Please make sure that your computer is running the most current version of JAVA. You may also find it helpful to clean out your cookies under Internet Options.
- HEA 7270 Medical Reimbursement Specialist (ICD-10)
- HEA 7313 Advanced Coding
NOTE: Permission will be granted when all prerequisites have been satisfied. Prerequisite courses CANNOT be taken concurrently with Program required courses. You must complete Medical Reimbursement Specialist (HEA 7270 or HEA 7271) BEFORE you can register for Advanced Coding (HEA 7313).
Please see Schedule Builder for information regarding the textbook(s) for this class.
- By phone: CCE Customer Service at 704.330.4223
- online: click here
Cost: $185 per course (not including books and other College fees)
HEA 7625 (Medical Keyboarding):
The student will develop touch-typing skills for data entry on electronic data information processing equipment. He/she will be able to type words and numbers by touch at a straight copy speed of 35 words per minute for two minutes with no more than two (2) errors. He/she will be able to proofread typewritten copy and will become familiar with a personal computer keyboard.
HEA 7254 (Exploring Medical Language):
This is a web-enhanced medical terminology course that includes the basics of anatomy and physiology, disease process, and pharmacology. Students will be instructed in: 1) how to build medical terms from Greek and Latin prefixes, suffixes, word roots, and combining forms, 2) accurate spelling and defining of medical words, 3) correct pronunciation of medical words including pronunciation variations, 4) medical abbreviations, 5) location and function of the body organs/systems, and 6) pathological conditions common to the body systems.
HEA 7270 (Medical Reimbursement Specialist):
The student will learn basic outpatient coding skills, Medicare, Medicaid, insurance terminology, and billing and reimbursement skills.
HEA 7313 (Advanced Coding):
This course is a continuation of basic and intermediate coding. In-depth coverage of ICD-10-CM and CPT coding is provided.
Withdrawal Policy (Occupational Extension Classes):
- All tuition will be systematically refunded by the College for any class canceled by the College.
- 100% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first day of the class.
- 75% of tuition paid will be refunded by the College if the student officially withdraws from the class on or after the first day of the class through the 10% point of the class.