Frequently Asked Questions

A faculty member speaks with a student.

Eligibility/Admissions Requirements

Q: I am a new student; what is the first step in applying to the college?
A: Entering students need to first meet with a counselor in Central High, complete an Admissions Form, and the counselor will help you determine the Placement Tests you need to take before registering for courses.

Return to Top

Program Overview

Q: How do I find out about course requirements for Human Services, Developmental Disabilities, Substance Abuse, and Gerontology?
A: There are a number of ways:

  • Refer to the CPCC Catalog under “Associate in Applied Science” degrees, and look for Human Services Technology
  • Go to the home page of the CPCC website and look under Programs of Study
  • Go to Central High on the Central Campus and speak to an Admissions counselor

Return to Top

Q: What are the minimum requirements to be eligible to begin the WBL (internship) program?

A. Students in the Developmental Disabilities Program must have the following to be eligible to participate in the work-based learning (internship) program, in addition to completing DDT 110, DDT 120, and DDT 230:

For more information, please refer to the Work-Based Learning page on the program website.

Return to Top