DACA Enrollment Process

FYE Banner

DACA – Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

Students in this category must have a Form I-797 notice of Action and an EAD card with Category C33 designation showing they have been granted deferred action. They are not eligible for in-state tuition, but they can be sponsored by NC employers only who can pay the in-state rate on their behalf; also “Individuals with DACA classification are not eligible to obtain the in-state tuition rate under the public school graduate exception or nonprofit sponsorship exception.” Students in this category should be treated like others who are lawfully present in US, but they cannot be granted professional licenses.



Enrollment Process: Deferred Action (DACA) Students

Deferred Action (DACA) students should begin their CPCC journey by completing the Get Started steps.Please keep in mind the following things:

1. You will be charged the out of state tuition rate unless you are sponsored by a North Carolina business in which case they will be charged the in state rate. For information on employer sponsorships, contact Sponsored Programs

2. You will not be eligible to receive professional licenses which are associated with some of our academic programs.


For more information, please contact the Admissions Office at 704.330.6006 or visit any campus.