E.S.L., International, and Undocumented/ DACA

FYE Banner

Students are advised to submit their record of courses to an agency recognized by NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Services; www.naces.org) for an international evaluation. A letter grade (A, B or C) and earned credit hours must be provided for each course. Course equivalencies based on terms such as “Pass” or “Satisfactory” are not acceptable.

Students in this category must have a Form I-797 notice of Action and an EAD card with Category C33 designation showing they have been granted deferred action.


They need to be 18 or graduate from a US public, private, or home school, to take curriculum classes at CPCC (a GED will not suffice), and they need to graduate from a US public, private, or home school to become eligible to receive a degree from CPCC. These students must pay out of state tuition, and cannot be granted a professional license.

CPCC offers English Language Assistance through Adult English as a Second Language (ESL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL) courses.


  • Refugees, Asylees, and SIVs

Students with refugee, asylee, or SIV status qualify for dedicated services for enrollment and navigation of all areas of the college. For more information, please contact Lindsay LaPlante at lindsay.laplante@cpcc.edu.

A non US citizen who is lawfully admitted to the US with a visa, and who lives in North Carolina, may be sponsored
by a NC non-profit entity and be eligible for in-state tuition sponsorship. For information on NC Non-profit sponsorships, contact Sponsored Programs.