How to Apply



Please Note:

Paper applications are being phased out and are no longer available in the financial aid office. You may request a paper FAFSA by contacting 1.800.433.3243 (1.800.4FED AID)

You must re-apply for federal financial aid every year. The 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid ("FAFSA") are available NOW.

Completing the FAFSA

What Documents Do You Need to Fill Out the FAFSA?

You will need records of income earned in the year prior to when you will start school. You may also need records of your parents' income information if you are a dependent student.

For the 2018-2019 school year, you will need financial information from 2016. You may need to refer to:

  • Your Social Security card. It is important that you enter your Social Security Number correctly!
  • Your driver's license (if any)
  • Your 2016 W-2 forms and other records of money earned
  • Your (and if married, your spouse's) 2016 Federal Income Tax Return.
  • IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ
  • Foreign Tax Return, or
  • Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau
    • Your Parents' 2016 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
    • Your 2016 untaxed income records
    • Your current bank statements
    • Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
    • Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)

To organize your information, you can print and complete a FAFSA on the Web Worksheet before you begin entering your information online. However, you are not required to do so. FAFSA on the Web will guide you through the questions that you must answer, and you can save your application and return to it later if you don't have the information you need to answer any of the questions.

Keep these records! You may need them again. Do not mail your records to Federal Student Aid.

Reminder:  If selected for verification you will need to provide tax transcripts instead of tax returns to the Financial Aid Office.

Renewal Requirements Information

Visit these CPCC links for more information on: