Voter Registration Information
Voting is one of the most important rights and responsibilities of U.S. Citizens. Register to vote today!
To register to vote in a North Carolina county, a person must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be a resident of North Carolina.
- Prior to voting, must be a resident of the county for at least 30 days prior to election day.
- Must be at least 18 years old or will be 18 by the date of the next general election.
- Must rescind any previous registration in another county or state.
- If previously convicted of a felony, the person’s citizenship rights must be restored (must not be serving an active sentence, including probation or parole).
It is our goal to ensure that every student on campus has the chance to register to vote.