Types of Aid


Q. What types of Federal Grant Programs are available?
A: Federal Pell Grant (PELL) Application is made by filing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Aid). Eligibility for a Federal Pell Grant is based upon financial need as determined by the processing agency designated by the U.S. Department of Education. This Federal grant ranges from $611 to $6,095 for full-time undergraduate students combined for Fall and Spring terms , and now with Year Round Pell, eligible students may be eligible for additional Pell grant funds for the summer term.
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) This federal grant is intended to assist students who demonstrate exceptional financial need, and is administered by Enrollment Services. Grants range from $100 to $400 per academic year. A student must have a Pell Grant to receive an FSEOG award.

Q. What type of Federal Loans are available?
A: Central Piedmont Community College offered Federal Loans from 2011-2012, 2012-2013, and 2013-2014 academic years. As shared in a recent press release Central Piedmont Community College chose to opt out of the federal direct student loan program at the end of the 2013-14 academic year. This means that we have not participated or offered federal student loans since the Summer 2014 term. There is good news to help you finance your education debt-free! CPCC offers many alternative aid options that do not have to be repaid, including state grants, federal grants, and scholarships.
Q. What type of tuition assistance is available?

Q. Are there part-time jobs available to students at Central Piedmont Community College?
A: Central Piedmont Community College does offer part-time employment to students who wish to work on campus. The College employs more than 300 students in various departments through the campus. Federal Work Study employment is based on a need for employment for the sole purpose of meeting educational expenses. This need is determined from the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Aid). Unlike other forms of financial aid, a Federal Work Study award is not applied to a students fee bill; students receive paychecks for hours worked.