Scholarship Tips: Get Ready to Apply
What is AcademicWorks?
- AcademicWorks is an online tool used to search and apply for over 200 CPCC Foundation scholarships.
- To improve learner support, the AcademicWorks tool has replaced the paper scholarship application for all CPCC Foundation Scholarships.
Who can use AcademicWorks?
- AcademicWorks is for current or future learners who have been admitted to CPCC by submitting a CPCC admissions application.
- Your CPCC Login will be required to log on to AcademicWorks.
- Your CPCC Student Email password will be used to login to AcademicWorks.
Do I have to complete the FAFSA to be considered for scholarships?
- Yes. To be considered for a CPCC Foundation scholarship, a FAFSA must be on file in the Financial Aid office.
- The FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.gov).
When are scholarship applications accepted in AcademicWorks?
- Scholarship applications are accepted at all times in AcademicWorks.
- However, scholarship awards begin in May.
- For priority consideration, applications should be submitted by April 30 to be eligible for most opportunities.
- Funds are limited. Apply early.
How do I apply for scholarships using AcademicWorks?
- Complete the General Application to be considered for most scholarship opportunities.
- Apply for additional scholarship opportunities that have additional criteria and questions.
If I receive federal financial aid, am I eligible for scholarships?
- To assist as many students as possible, scholarships are awarded to students who have financial need after aid from federal, state or other grant program sources are considered.
How do I answer the questions about “my educational and career goals” and “how a scholarship will help you meet these goals”?
- It is recommended that applicants write the answer in a Microsoft Word document first.
- Use the spell check tool and check your answer for errors.
- If possible let someone read your answers before submitting the application.
- The answers to these questions are considered the Essay of the scholarship.
- The Essay should include information such as returning to school after working, changing careers, or if you have a degree.
How will I know if I have successfully completed my application?
- AcademicWorks will prompt you if the General Scholarship Application has been successfully completed.
- AcademicWorks does not accept incomplete General Scholarship Applications.
- Required questions are marked with an asterisk (“*”).
Can I edit my application after it has been successfully submitted?
- Yes. Previously submitted applications can be edited.
When will the award decisions be made and how will I be notified?
- Scholarship award notifications will begin May 15 for applicants who applied during the priority application period.
- Email is the official tool CPCC uses to provide notices to communicate with learners.
- Check your CPCC student email regularly for updates.
After I have been notified that I have been awarded a scholarship, how do I accept it?
- If you are awarded a scholarship, an offer will be included as a part of your notification email.
- You will be prompted to accept a scholarship offer in the email that is sent to you.
Is there a deadline for accepting a scholarship offer?
- Yes. Scholarship offers should be accepted by July 3 to secure your award before the start of the academic period.
Can I get online help while completing my scholarship application while I am logged into AcademicWorks?
- Yes. Access additional useful information when you see an i icon next to a question.
- The i indicates that additional helpful tips are available.
Who do I contact if I have a problem?
- Utilize the “Get Help Now” button located in the upper right hand corner to access the AcademicWorks helpdesk.