- Gift Aid (does not have to be repaid)
- Funded by the State of North Carolina
- Awards determined by the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority, through College Foundation, Inc.
- Eligible students are allowed to receive for eight semesters or equivalent.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a North Carolina resident
- Enroll at least half-time (six credit hours)
- Enroll in an eligible program.
- Hold a High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements and the Federal Pell eligibility requirements except for the EFC requirement established by the federal government.