· Apply to the college and be admitted to an eligible program of study.
· Complete the FAFSA form.
· If you are applying for the Fall 2012, Spring 2013 or Summer 2013 complete the 2012-2013 FAFSA form.
· After your FA file is complete and you have been accepted to the College, view our current work study job openings.
All vacant Federal Work-Study positions will be advertised via the CPCC Human Resources website by accessing the following link: http://www.cpcc.edu/humanresources/employment .You will then select the link titled "Full-Time and Part-Time Career Opportunities". In order to view a complete listing of part time positions available to eligible students under the Federal Work-Study program you will then set the search selection criteria to the campus/location of your choice and the "Part-time" employment type and select the search option.
The application process for those eligible students interested in the Federal Work-Study program has changed from the previous manual or paper application process to the online application available through the CPCC Human Resource website. In order to complete a Part-time application for employment for the FWS program students are asked to create an account to search or apply for a job on the HR website.
In order to set-up an account you should do the following:
1. Go to https://cpcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=1&c=cpcc.
2. You will then be at the “Job Search” page. In the upper left corner you will see a link in green that reads “Sign In”. Click here.
3. On the bottom left corner you will see a green link that reads “create a new account”. Click here and you will be prompted to enter basic demographic account information required for account creation.
· If you meet all qualifications with the required skills, GPA, need, etc., you will be sent to the FWS supervisor to be interviewed for the position you are applying for.
· If hired, the supervisor will notify the Financial Aid Office.
· If hired, complete the required FWS paperwork before you begin work.
· After completion of all paperwork, you will sign a FWS contract.
· You will receive a Federal Work Study Handbook, a copy of the Privacy Act, and a statement to sign.