- Gift Aid (does not have to be repaid)
- Funded by the Federal Government
- Ranges from a minimum of $299 per semester ($598 per year) to $2,908/7 per semester ($5,815 per year).
- Awarded fall and spring semesters.*
- Award letters are emailed containing Full-Time award.
- Supplements other aid.
- A maximum grant for Fall 2016 semester is awarded as follows:
|6 – 8
|1 – 5
If you are not receiving a full Pell grant, you can calculate your amount by taking ¾ of your total Pell for 9 – 11 credit hours, ½, of your total Pell for 6 – 8 credit hours, or ¼ of your total Pell semester award for 1 – 5 credit hours.
- Apply to the college, request an official high school/GED transcript, and be admitted to an eligible program of study.
- Complete the FAFSA form.
- If you are applying for Summer 2016, complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA form. However if you are applying for Fall 2016, Spring 2017 or Summer 2017, complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA form.
- Submit completed FAFSA application to the U. S. Department of Education.
- You have three options for signing your online FAFSA.
- If you have a FSA ID, you can sign your FAFSA electronically. Parents with FSA IDs can also sign electronically.
- If you do not have a FSA ID, you can create one by logging in to fafsa.gov. You can print a paper signature page from FAFSA on the Web, sign it, and mail it to the address provided.
- You can transmit your online FAFSA without signing. If you choose this option, your Student Aid Report (SAR) will be sent in the mail requesting signatures. Sign and return your SAR right away so that your FAFSA can be completed.
- Once you have decided how to sign your application, you need to transmit it by clicking the “Submit My FAFSA Now” button at the bottom of the screen. You will then be taken to a Web page that confirms you have successfully transmitted your FAFSA. Record or print your confirmation number and your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC). Your EFC will be used to determine the types and amounts of aid you will receive.
- Complete your Financial Aid file. (Check priority dates.)
*If students do not enroll or choose to attend less-than-full-time unused funds from that semester can be awarded in summer up to the student's eligibility amount.