|America Reads / America Counts
- Federal Work-Study Program (part-time employment)
- Allows one to earn a portion of education expenses.
- Provides work/service experience as reading (America Reads) or math/science (America Counts) tutors for individual children and other classroom support.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be enrolled at least 6 credit hours in an eligible program.
- Hold a High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Must have completed at least 12 credit hours of coursework at CPCC prior to the eligibility review period. (The America READS eligibility review period is normally prior to the start of the fall semester.)
- Possess skills required for position.
- NOT be in default on a federal loan.
- Complete the following documents:
|How to Apply:
- Apply to the college and be admitted to an eligible program of study.
- Complete the FAFSA form.
- If you meet all qualifications with the required skills, GPA, need, etc., you will be notified by mail prior to the start of the fall semester if you have been selected for consideration for the America READS/COUNTS programs.