Architecture of Participation
An infrastructure that makes it easy, interesting and rewarding for a wide range of contributors to offer ideas and solve problems.
Mutual Fun: gives employees an equity position in ideas. They "vote" on good ideas with their "money" and share in the financial success of each project.
Archituecture of Participation Results:
- Company capitalizes on good thinking
- Financial incentives for employees
- Employees have "investment" in good ideas & reason to make them successful
- Good ideas reach fuition
- Big idea -- Use video games to train military personnel
- Corporate leadership nixed it
- Employees bought up all the stock
- The product -- 40% of company revenues
- Game player is now retired