CPCC’s cosmetology program can help you achieve your career goals.
Current High School Students
Career and College Promise (CCP) offers students an opportunity to get a head start on a career in cosmetology. Students interested in CCP must:
- be a high school junior or senior.
- have earned a 3.0 GPA on high school courses or be recommended by the high school principal.
- meet course prerequisites for the career pathway.
High School Graduates
High school graduates can enroll at CPCC and earn an associate degree in cosmetology. These students can:
- earn a degree in five semesters.
- learn from experienced instructors using the Pivot Point (registered trademark) curriculum.
- gain valuable hands-on experience before graduation.
- complete a degree in a fraction of the cost as compared to a private school.
- start the program in either the fall or spring semester.
Current professionally licensed cosmetologists have several opportunities to continue their education to maximize their career potential. Working professionals can earn:
- advanced preparation as a natural hair care specialist through the college’s continuing education program.
- credit by professional certification for individuals seeking a degree.
To learn more call Catherine Cunningham, program advisor, at 704.330.5451 or visit our webpage at www.cpcc.edu/cosmetology