The Learning Faculty Handbook is a resource for all full-time and part-time faculty at Central Piedmont Community College. It is intended to serve as a helpful reference for information about policies, procedures, services and activities that will assist you in carrying out your responsibilities at the College.
Engaging Students in the Classroom
Click the links below to access over 40 simple active learning strategies that will boost student participation and engagement in your classroom.
Note: If you are downloading these documents off campus, log into Sharepoint using your CPCC username with @cpcc.edu, (i.e. email@example.com) and password.
Register in LearnerWeb to instantly watch online training videos from your computer. A variety of videos are available for you. Three recommended titles include: Working with Disability Services for Faculty, Supporting Non Traditional Adult Students, and OSP Training for Faculty Development.
To access online videos:
- Go to LearnerWeb. If you are not on a CPCC computer, use your CPCC login ID with @cpcc.edu (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org). Type your normal password.
- Under My Menu on the left, click “Library”.
- Click to expand the “All Catalogs” drop down box and select “Employee Online Learning”. Then click GO.
- Review the listings and then click “Launch” (in the last column) to start any training.
To receive PD Credit, after watching the videos:
- Click “Return to LearnerWeb”.
- Check to see if there is a “Take Assessment” link, select the link to take the assessment for PD credit
- Record as “yes finished” and click submit.
Whether you're a new or experienced teacher, you have a chance to make an impact on the future of the country. How can you be as effective as possible? This multimedia resource, provided by the League for Innovation, for community college faculty will challenge your previous thinking about teaching and learning and give you the basic tools for effective classroom practice. The key theme of this course is to encourage you to focus on what the students will do and take responsibility for their success.
Access a variety of CPCC, State, and trending tools, resources, and downloads. These teaching and learning resources are available to support faculty as they continue to teach at CPCC.